Re: [fluid-dev] Help adding Fluidsynth console to Qsynth

From: Aere Greenway
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Help adding Fluidsynth console to Qsynth
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2017 16:22:23 -0600

On 10/03/2017 01:15 PM, Liam McGillivray wrote:
I have a forked repository of Qsynth on GitHub.  The next task I would like to complete is to add a console for typing commands directly into Fluidsynth, as can be done when running fluidsynth in a terminal.  My programming skills are weak, so it would be much appreciated if someone volunteered to help out with this.

Liam:

I'm not sure if the following information is sufficient for your needs, but it might be.

If you click the "Setup" button of Qsynth, and click the "Settings" tab, you will see a lot of settings (as you scroll through the list).

Not all of these settings are configurable by the normal means.

The additional settings can be controlled from the command line launching Qsynth, by adding one or more instances of the following option:

-o, --option [name=value]

(you can either use -o, or --option).

As I recall, I was able to set special parameters this way, including special parameters in Fluidsynth controlling how sound generators are reclaimed as new notes require the re-use of active sound generators.

I'm sorry I can't remember much detail about it - it was years ago.

It used to be easy to modify the desktop launcher for applications, but they've made it harder to do now (but it can still be done).

I don't know if this will be enough to help.  If it is, it may save you a lot of work.

--
Sincerely,
Aere