Re: [fluid-dev] pkgconfig not found

From: Marcus Weseloh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] pkgconfig not found
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 13:30:42 +0100

> I am NOT trying to compile fluidsynth for use only on Windows - I expect the
> version I compile to run on ANY Mac or Linux
> system under Wine, or Windows system direct

You are not compiling FluidSynth for multiple platforms but only for Windows. Your Windows program also runs under Wine, because Wine is a compatibility layer to run Windows binaries on non-Windows platforms.

AND to be able to use the
> appropriate sound drivers for each system.

That is simply not possible. Your eOrgan software is a Windows program, pure and simple. Wine executes your Windows program and translates Windows system calls into Linux or Mac (or whatever) system calls. It does so transparently. There is no way that you can access ALSA or any other Linux API from an application running under Wine. Linux is invisible to your program.

Cheers,
Marcus