Re: [fluid-dev] Parallelize rendering using openMP

From: Marcus Weseloh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Parallelize rendering using openMP
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 20:16:56 +0200

Hi Tom,

I'm pretty much done implementing my ideas of an openMP parallelization. In short:  I was not able to beat the current implementation.

Thank you very much for trying it out anyway! I think we still got quite a few benefits from it. Better insight into the existing code and knowledge that the current approach does actually makes sense and compares well against OpenMP are probably the biggest.

Cheers,

    Marcus