Re: [fluid-dev] Intercepting midi events

From: Christopher Leger
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Intercepting midi events
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 15:52:06 -0400

It may have been the threads I was seeing in top instead of processes. I guess it won't help my problem but I still found it suspicious that setting the cores to 4 in the fluidsynth from GitHub generated four extra rows in top where as in my program I notice no difference in top from the core setting.

No, the issue isn't only in my program; everything I have tried to solve this so far I have done on the fluidsynth I compiled from GitHub and my own program. They both have the same issue with noteon or noteoff events being shipped.

Is there any way I can see the output of the midi driver to see if it is an issue going from the driver to fluidsynth? Or do you think it is just a problem with the driver not catching all the events from the keyboard?

Not too sure what to try at this point. I think I may try out my friend's midi keyboard just to rule out any issue with the keyboard even though it is a cheap keyboard I don't think that would be the issue because it works without any problem on my desktop Ubuntu PC.

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018, 12:27 AM Tom M. <address@hidden> wrote:
Make sure your app actually has permission to run fluidsynth in realtime prio.

Try using a different midi driver, like hooking up alsa_raw through jack.

> (compiled from the original git source code)

Try stable 1.1.11.

Tom