[fluid-dev] Integration of FluidSynth in Polyphone

From: Davy Triponney
Subject: [fluid-dev] Integration of FluidSynth in Polyphone
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 11:06:50 +0200

Dear FluidSynth team,

I should have done this from the beginning but I'm now considering integrating FluidSynth directly inside Polyphone, which will assure a correct and complete rendering of the soundfonts. I have always considered FluidSynth as the reference for playing a soundfont.

Loading a soundfont from a file with FluidSynth is well documented but, Polyphone being an editor, I'm now requiring some help or "hints" to know how parameters of a sample, instrument or preset can be changed / added / deleted without requiring loading a file. The goal is to test the effect of a change within Polyphone without having to save and load the file between two operations.

I imagined two possibilities:

Can someone advice on the best way to update parameters?

Best regards,
Davy