Re: [fluid-dev] Config file warnings

From: Ceresa Jean-Jacques
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Config file warnings
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 13:58:26 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Ben

Now I'm using FS2, and I get these warnings in my log file:

> Warning: 'audio.periods' is not a realtime setting, changes won't take
> effect..... etc

Some settings are just pointed as "not realtime" to advise the user that once the fluidsynth instance is created, those particulars settings cannot be changed anymore during the life time of this instance.

Note this was already the case with previous FS versions. The only difference that with previous versions, the user was not warned !.That means that in your config used in the past, the expected change about these settings was not taken account and you wasn't aware of this. With previous version, you can easily verify this using the command "setting" after trying to change these settings.

So, the only way (imo) to set these "not realtime" settings is to use "-o" options in command line. Even this leads in a very long command, it works.

Note also (imo) that fluidsynth console application cannot be invoked using a command file redirection to the standard input.

>Do these warnings mean I'm trying to change an already-running fluidsynth instance?

Right. Please read first line above.

Have fun with your tenor sax.

regards

jjc.