[fluid-dev] Fluid synth channel 10

From: David Back
Subject: [fluid-dev] Fluid synth channel 10
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 18:14:32 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Tom

Its about a year since you successfully advised me how to set up midi soundfont banks on Fluidsynth. Since then my organ eplayOrgan has been progressing and improving nicely.

The organ uses 4 instances of fluidsynth, one each for Swell, Great, Accomp and Pedal Divisions. I am using channel 10 in the Pedal Division to provide the default midi percussion but I would like to unset the percussion default in channel 10 of the other three instances so that I can use the channel for normal midi.

I have tried fluid_synth_unset_program(synth, 9); and this returns 0 (OK) however the command is ignored and ch10 remains at its default.

How can I unset the default to midi percussion in channel 10?

Thank you

David Back https://midimusic.github.io