francine-dev

[Francine-dev] further

From: Vivien Mayes
Subject: [Francine-dev] further
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 01:47:56 +0200

People didnt tell each other things much in those days, did they? Only Ive made mistakes: mistakes that I understand now,and must remedy. Ah, what a different image thepier-glass would reflect tomorrow! Delia pressed her forehead against the pane.
Then the twocousins lit their bedroom candles and walked upstairs through thedarkened house. For a few moments she stood in the middle of the floor, looking slowlyabout her.
Delia felt her blush deepening through the dusk. Inwardly she thought: Charlottesmind is made up; I shant be able to move her. Youre going to prove the contrary this afternoon. Delias bedroom was at the front of the house.
And never had she kept amoonlight watch with a lovers arms to warm her. Well, that was not matter forconjecture either. Delia seemed to hear the old cry: But how can I give up my baby? But Delias chief support was the sight of Tina. Delia looked at her cousin with a vague sense of apprehension.
Charlotte Lovells brisk step sounded indoors, and she came out andjoined Mrs. Thats where the truth of the third-and-fourth generationbusiness comes in, after all. The girl hadnearly been lost to them both: at all costs such a risk must not berenewed. But there the matter dropped, swept away on thecurrent of Tinas bliss.
Miss Lovell made a visible effort at self-control.