freehoo-users

[Freehoo-users] Re: [Gnuyahoo-bugs] Compilation problem

From: M.P.Anand Babu
Subject: [Freehoo-users] Re: [Gnuyahoo-bugs] Compilation problem
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 19:59:04 -0000

Boopathy,
,---- Boopathy Raja R <address@hidden>
| OS : FreeBSD 4.7-PRERELEASE
`----
This is interesting, Looks like you are the first attempting
to port GNUYahoo to FreeBSD. We will give you all the support
it takes to make it happen.

BTW, GNUYahoo became FreeHoo and is now actively maintained at
savannah.gnu.org/projects/freehoo

GNUYahoo-1.0.1 will disappear after we make the first public release
of FreeHoo 1.0.0. I will recommend you to start with FreeHoo
from CVS right away. Also subscribe to FreeHoo mailing development
mailing list ->
http://mail.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/freehoo-devel

Note: When prompted for a password for anoncvs, simply press the Enter key.
CVS Software repository :
cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/freehoo login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/freehoo co freehoo

,----
| <start compile>
| bash-2.05b$ ./configure
| checking for string.h... yes
| checking for ctype.h... yes
| checking for stdlib.h... yes
| checking for argp.h... no
| </end compile>
`----
argp.h is missing. argp.h is usually a part of glibc development package.

ablaptop:~# dpkg -S /usr/include/argp.h
libc6-dev: /usr/include/argp.h
ablaptop:~#
I suppose you in you are not using glibc.

,----
| I attempted compiling as a normal user and not as root since i don't
| have root access. I hope gnuyahoo can be compiled as a normal user.
`----
Yes, you dont need to be root

,----
| bash-2.05b$ autoreconf
| automake: not found
| bash-2.05b$
`----
You need to get automake for FreeBSD.

If you want to change the build scripts, then you will need automake,
otherwise you should be able to build from the configure script itself.

All the best
--
 _.|_
(_||_)