freehoo-users

[Freehoo-users] Freehoo 3.4.2 released!

From: Anand Babu
Subject: [Freehoo-users] Freehoo 3.4.2 released!
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 17:46:19 -0800 (PST)

Freehoo 3.4.2 is mainly about GNU Guile recent API changes (gh_ to
scm_) and a new hacker-romance.scm extension. This is a minor
maintenance release. Extension interface remains same.

I have implemented all the features that I think was fun. GNU Guile
helped big time keeping the code base stable while it evolved through
different stages. GNU Freetalk (http://www.gnu.org/software/freetalk)
a Jabber/Gmail client (with voice support) was inspired by Freehoo
project too. Please take a look.

Even though I am continuing to maintain Freehoo, I suggest switching
to a open standard protocol like Jabber. Even Google IM uses jabber
protocol.

Happy Hacking,
--
Anand Babu