Re: [ft-devel] Variable fonts: hhea/typo/win metrics interpreted differe

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Variable fonts: hhea/typo/win metrics interpreted differently for instances compared to static fonts?
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 21:29:43 +0000

After doing some vanilla/patch switching of FreeType and testing, I found that Chromium is indeed impacted by the patch. Without it, switching between the VFs I attached to https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/1626 makes no difference on http://www.cyreal.org/Font-Testing-Page/index.php makes no difference. With the patch, I can see changes. Firefox stays the same with and without the patch. Hm.