gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune - ALSA backend

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune - ALSA backend
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 22:09:17 +0200

Le 29/05/2012 06:59, Philippe Roussel a écrit :
> Hi Riccardo,
>
> Your patch looks fine to me, you should commit it.
> I will test it tonight and report back.

I successfully tested the latest cvs version with the different sound
files you sent and some of my music. It looks good so far.

Looking at alsa documentation it's obvious the alsa backend is overly
simplistic, even if it works in most cases. The API provides functions
to determine what the harware is capable of for example, we could
probably use those to handle rare configurations. I will to propose
patches in the future, when I'll have more time.

Thanks,
Philippe