gap-discuss

[gap-discuss] Zipper: call for tests

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: [gap-discuss] Zipper: call for tests
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 08:04:48 +0200

Hi,
I made extensive bug fixes to Zipper. I almost even wonder how it was used by several people!

I fixed bugs in the parser of the tar contents, I fixed bugs in how the NSTask of the archiver gets expanded (It did not work at all on NetBSD or Darwin... I wonder it worked on OpenBSD, perhaps it is less picky).

The BSD tar now is much better supported (at least, NetBSD's one, I haven't yet tested the others).

I then made a Mac port. Thus I found other incompatible things (luckily the fixes for NeBSD fixed a very mysterious NSTaask exception I was getting). I redid the modal runloop thing for the preferencs panel again...

Thus, I think it is much better now, but please test that I didn't break and introduced regression bugs. For me it is now a release candidate. A much better Zipper than before (of course it still has limitations, but the goal was bugfixing first).

Riccardo