gcjwebplugin-devel

[Gcjwebplugin-devel] Re: Misunderstanding of GCJWebPlugin

From: Michael Koch
Subject: [Gcjwebplugin-devel] Re: Misunderstanding of GCJWebPlugin
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:19:29 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 15. April 2004 12:49 schrieb Jim Huang:
> Hello Michael,
>
>   It's really nice and kind of you to create gcjwebplugin project,
> and it's useful. Recently, I'm trying to get the standalone
> AppletViewer working on Kaffe, but I got some strange problem. As I
> know, the method public URL getCodeBase() in
> gnu/gcjwebplugin/CommonAppletStub.java should not throw exception
> since it extends class AppletStub.

You are right with getCodeBase(). Somehow your patch looks reverse and
the solution is not correct in my opinion as documentbase points to the
html file the applet was referenced. We need to get only the path to
it. I will do some tests if this is correct with SUNs appletviewer.

Kaffe has very strange SecurityManager implementation. We eihter need to
fix it or add some workarounds to gcjwebplugin. I really prefer the
first one as the appletviewer works otherwise with other jvms.

>   I try to get gcjwebplugin working with my patch, which is attached.
> Also, I would like to know where I could discuss gcjwebplugin because
> I found the mailing-list there is not active. Thanks for your great
> work!

Yeah, please use the lists.

Michael