gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] I like Gnome-commander, but there are some problems :(

From: Marcus Bjurman
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] I like Gnome-commander, but there are some problems :(
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:30:05 +0200

> New version of gnome-commander is very good, but
there are some big
> problems with refreshing:
> when I do some operation with files (rename, move,
create new
> directory,etc.) I must manualy do CTRL+R after
every operation :(,
> becausegnome-commander does not automatically
refresh list of files
> anddirectories after file operations :(((((((
You need FAM to get automatic update of files. Check
the README in the source tarball.

> Also I don't know why I can't rename files with F6
? I write new file
> name, press OK, but gnome-commander doesn't rename :(
This is a bug indeed. I will try to fix it asap.

> I also have some suggestions:
> 1. Commander should have 2 display modes: detailed
(this mode is
> implemented already) and brief (filenames are not
in one column,
> but in
> multiple columns) - see for example screeshot
> http://www.icewalkers.com/scrshot.php?id=824
Could be a good thing to have but this will have to
wait atleast until the gnome2 port. I hear that the
list-widgets are a bit more flexible in gnome2...

> 2. Commander should have a plugins interface (most
succesfull
> commandershave a plugins, see for example far - see
Also quite a big requeset... If you reallty want
this you can improve the odds of it beeing done by
writing some kind of proposal describing how it
could work and maybe some faked screenshots showing
how it could look.

It will not go in before 1.0 though.

http://plugring.farmanager.com/cgi-bin/downld.cgi?Lang=Eng)
> 3. Commander should have a bookmarks (directory
hotlist) like
> windows-commander, see:
> http://www.wincmd.com/efaquser.htm#CtrlD
This is almost the first thing in my todo now so it
should be done soon.

/Marcus