gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] dependency on FAM

From: espinosa
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] dependency on FAM
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 18:31:53 +0200

> > Gnome Commander seems to be heavily dependent on
> FAM. It even
> > doesn't refresh files after usual operations like
> a copy, delete.
> > Well, I can't get FAM to work. Is it posible to
> compile Gnome
> > Commander without FAM?
>
> Sure but it wont refresh without it either. Getting
> FAM to work shouldn't be that hard though.
>
> if "ps ax|grep fam" shows no fam process try to
> start it manually.
>
> just entering "fam" as superuser should do it.
>
> also check the FAM webpage at:
> http://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam/index.html
> if you haven't already.
>
> /Marcus

I found FAM to be a part of "xinetd" services.
When I tried to run "fam" directly from shell it complains about
"portmapper" not running and not able to register self.
I have full error messages saved at home (I'm in work now) so I
will bring it tomorrow.
~~~eSPINOSA~~~~
address@hidden
http://espinosa.3web.cz/