gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] make install

From: Micha
Subject: [gcmd-dev] make install
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 03:25:21 +0100

There were always these errorlogs like

** (lt-gnome-commander:13130): WARNING **: Could not find GNOME pixmap file
gnome-commander/flip-vertical-16.xpm

and on stdout i found the hint 'start gcmd from within the src directory'
This doesn't seem to happen even if i do 'make install' ? Because this puts
the full 1.8 MB executable and not the wrapper into /usr/local/bin.
I tried to link the wrapper script into /usr/local/bin, which is in my users'
PATH,
and where i maintain a symlink-collection for any additional installed
executables. But it doesn't work either.
So i setup a script in /usr/local/bin/gnome-commander like

----------------------------<<

#!/bin/sh

cd /opt/gc_/src
exec /opt/gc_/src/gnome-commander --disable-sound -l /home -r /Image

and this works.
gc_ is the 1.2.0 tree, and the cd seems to be necessary (process environment).
(Will this 'feature' be oboslete some day ?)
Oh, and I keep the -l and -r options just for reminder, they don't work yet ;)

   °
 /\/