gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Quicksearch improvement

From: A. Gordon
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Quicksearch improvement
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 06:43:05 +0200

Micha wrote:
More precisly, what do i have to do to get the focus from aab to aaq then ?
In the shown case.

What I meant was there is no "aaq" file. "aaq" is a mistake that matches no file.

I'll explain differently:
Sometimes I want to go to a known file quickly (lets say "aac").
I type (too quickly...) ALT + "a" + "a" + "c" + "v" ("v" is a mistake, because my finger slipped...) + "enter". "aacv" doesn't match any file, and gcmd would focus on a completely irrelevant file. With this little fix, gcmd will keep the focus on "aac" (because it matched the previous "aac" filter).

Does this make sense ? I hope I explained it correctly. It happens to me a lot and I prefer this new behavior.

Assaf.