gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Gnome Commander

From: codejodler
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Gnome Commander
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 12:51:10 +0200 (MEST)

Hi all,

i'm still alive !
I needed some more days to get my things done,
and still am not ready to return...will still be offline.
This is probably my only uplink until sunday or so.

> I am just posting this as a tip. maybe something to
> include in Dropline Gnome.
>
> GNOME Commander is a fast and powerful graphical filemanager
> for the Gnome desktop environment,

Magnus:
Should we stress the intergation, or not ?
Because it despite dependencies it works  without a gnome-session
actually running.

> Gnome Commander is in active development again.
> The project has been without a leader for almost two years,
> but Piotr Eljasiak has now taken on the role as project admin.
> The project also has got another new developer, Assaf Gordon
> hwo
^^^^who
> is the man behind the new Gnome Commander internal viewer
> that so far handles text and images (viewes also image metadata
> as EXIF and IPTC).

Here i have a question about representation:
While this info is certainly interesting for someone going to
get really involved, i wonder if it's not too much detail for
anybody new to the project. I mean, any project has it's special
history, but who will care about the 2 year delay still now ?
It was news some month before, but is it still now ?
It sounds a little bit weird to me now to look back even now.
We should look forward !
Perhaps it's enough to have the history homepaged ?

Anyway.

Have a good time and CU soon !

--
Analog-/ISDN-Nutzer sparen mit GMX SmartSurfer bis zu 70%!
Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer