gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] In place renaming

From: A. Gordon
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] In place renaming
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 00:09:27 +0300

Magnus Stålnacke wrote:
Piotr Eljasiak wrote:
renaming (SHIFT+F6) contributed by Vlad Grecescu. Please test it. If
everything is OK, I'll backport it to 1.2.x
Make ends with:

c viewer-widget.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/viewer-widget.o
In file included from viewer-widget.c:37:
libgviewer.h:32:26: viewer-utils.h: No such file or directory
libgviewer.h:41:24: search-dlg.h: No such file or directory
libgviewer.h:42:22: searcher.h: No such file or directory
libgviewer.h:43:33: search-progress-dlg.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [all] Fel 2

Hello,

There seems to be two problems with the development branch:

First problem:
existing files which were modified by my "find" patch are OK,
But new files added by my "Find" patch are missing...
So the (updated) "libgviewer.h" is looking for "search-dlg.h", but the file doesn't exists....

I attached a small patch (against the current development branch) which adds the missing files.

Second problem:
The makefile.am in the "PO" directory looks for "it.po", but the file is missing...
An intermediate solution is to copy an arbitrary PO file to "it.po".

With these two fixed, the development branch builds just fine.

Piotr,
The new in-place renaming is nice!
But it has a small glitch: when the whole window is too small for the file name,
the rename entry-box goes outside the window (screen-shot attached).
It is not too bad - I think we can leave it like this for now.

One last minor thing:
On my system (Debian/testing), I need to run the following command to checkout the development branch:

cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs/gnome -z3 co -r gcmd-1-3 gnome-commander

(In a previous mail, you suggested using "cvs -b gcmd-1-3", this doesn't work for me. maybe Debian's CVS is different ?).

Gordon.

PNG image