gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] icon themes

From: Micha
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] icon themes
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 00:35:04 +0200

Piotr Eljasiak <address@hidden>:

| I vote for Micha :o)

It wasn't my purpose to override you, Magnus, i just
got your mail too late when i just sent my pxi off.
Hey, i'm sure we can make use of new any icon anyway,
for example most of the default ones, especially the small
ones, are rather boring (and too small ;).

I attached the layered "originals" (like tiff and xcf) in case you
like to modify something. I must admit i hacked this together
impatiently, after i wasted about an hour fiddling with a cool
gcmd splash image which turned out to be completely
useless, because it's really not the established gcmd style.
And the reason is, i was critical with the floppy theme.
Doesn't this appear like a symbol for outdeted technology,
which nobody really needs today ? However, the weird thing is,
from a purely esthetical point of view, this floppy symbol is
rather nice, and makes a good icon !
Well... perhaps, in the years coming,  we can 'abstract' from
it to something blue and square which isn't really a floppy anymore ?
But what could this be ....

   °
 /\/

 m°