gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Problem to access to CD-rom

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Problem to access to CD-rom
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 18:50:09 +0200

europeen wrote:
Hello,

I always a 'mount failed - permission denied' when I put on my DVDR-Rom
icon. Is it possible GC mount it automatically ? I don't have this
probleme with Tux Commander or others File MAnager like Konqueror,
Nautilus etc...

If it says "permission denied", it is permission denied.
In most dists only root are allowed to mount. I do not
know anything about TC or Konqueror, but Gnome uses a
kind automounting feature (that is running as root),
so the voulme should allredy be mounted, try to just
browse to it in your filesystem.