gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Documentation

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Documentation
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 23:46:43 +0200

Hi Dave,

> I'm new to this project and would like to contribute. The tool seems really
> great, but some of the cooler, more powerful features are hard to use
> because the documentation isn't really there.
>
> This is where I thought I could help out (at least initially).
>
> I assume my help in this area will be welcomed. If so, can someone help me
> get started in both collecting the necessary information, and contributing
> the documentation?

You are VERY welcome :o))))

The right place for docs is doc/C/gnome-commander.xml
(http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-commander/trunk/doc/C/gnome-commander.xml?view=markup).
 Despite my desperate tries, it's still far from being complete. For 1.2.4
release we need:
 * better description of python plugins
 * information about user actions
 * proofing against readability and clarity of text
 * some fragments may be a bit ot of date

Apart from above as a good starting point I'd like to have help for
every gcmd dialog (plus, of course, 'Help' button in the dialogs ;o)

Piotr