gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] Renaming "connections.*" actions

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] Renaming "connections.*" actions
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:22:44 +0200

> >         CTRL+F              connections.open
>
> That is 'search' here .... can't we leave it as is, since this is nearly a
> standard for so many other applications too. -- How about CTRL+G for 'Go' ?

But I've left it as it is. The only changed key binding is CTRL+G ->
CTRL+N. The announced change deals with user action names for
connections
(
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/gnome-commander/trunk/doc/keys.txt?r1=1165&r2=1178
).

> What will connections.close do if several are open - close any connection ?
> How to deal with the situation ... ?

It should close the current one.

> >         CTRL+N              connections.new
>
> ok. Still, the related window is titled 'ftp quick connect' -

Fixed.

> i guess that should change in the long run (when a 'protocol' or 'server
> type' is added) ?

After 1.2.5 release. The codebase for gcmd is quite stable now - I don't
want to mess it up.

Piotr