gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] vte [followup]

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] vte [followup]
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 23:09:21 +0200

> New facts: Gcmd shows the vte after commandlines like 'touch test' or 'read
> a'.
> I also can switch to it via Ctrl+O but it has no input focus, and i can
> switch back only after clicking into the widget.

There are still some focus problems with new vte widget, I have to give
a closer look at it...

> Uh what's that ??
>
> I tried a 'ls' and it gives:
>
> /home/micha/bla/foo$ ls
> alice.txt
> /bin/bash: /home/andras/gcmd-devel/gcmd-1-3/src/gcmd-helper: No such file or
> directory
>
> Andras....! (Is that your son, Piotr ??)

For goodness sake - no!

> Anyway, the X log shows nice things like
>
> [AA] Key event:   (0xffe3)
> [GG] running: ls; /home/andras/gcmd-devel/gcmd-1-3/src/gcmd-helper
> /tmp/gcmd-4304-XXyKMrKV; sleep 1
> in dir: /home/micha/bla/foo
> [GG]  pid: 4294
> [GG] done

That exposes the way it's implemented in gcmd - there is a fork for
every single command which is attached to the vte. The gcmd-helper thing
is currently needed for saving env vars between consecutive forks
(commands), so it'd be possible to eg. 'export LC_ALL=cz_CZ.UTF-8' in
vte