gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] patch for tab support

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] patch for tab support
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 00:21:28 +0200

> Hi, list of directories isn't good idea, because he needed only in two
> places. This places are initialization and destroying of main window.
> Because of this I think that save/restore directories directly from
> ini-file is the right way. This idea is implemented in attached patch.
>
> Features:
> - restores recently used tabs
> - auto selects last active tabs (for both sides)
> - remembers paths to mounted partitions (originally gcmd couldn't do that)

We've meant  different features :o) I've been thinking on reopening the
lately closed tabs (in the session), you - about storing tabs across the
sessions.

Just a few notes on your patch:

              * I've added an option for saving tabs (Options|General)
              * the proper container for storing tabs info is xml config
                file - I've already added the part responsible for
                saving tabs, but I need a a day or two for finishing the
                missing part: reading and parsing the xml cfg file.
              * the most of the new code refers to GnomeCmdFileSelector
                - so I made it to be a part of GnomeCmdFileSelector
                struct

Thanks for your patch,
Piotr