gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] selections

From: Michael
Subject: [gcmd-dev] selections
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 23:19:01 +0200

Hi Piotr,

Is the selection behavior changed ? Simple leftclick does not reset the
selection. I do not remember exactly when i noted this first, but i seem to
remember this was different in the past. (Didn't i even ask for something like
that long ago ?) It's nothing that really needs to be discussed. But just in
case you think it may be worth a thought...

Users have to be careful with advrename; before selecting another bunch of
files (in the same folder), they need to remember to deselect (Ctrl+"-") first.
I forgot this several times now and i wonder if the file manager could support
users somehow in this respect. But how ? Highlighting the selection counter in
the status bar ? Or would using a modifier key like 'Alt + Whitespace' for
'deselect all && select focused file' be easier to remember ? Dunno...