gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Feature request: Copy File Paths

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Feature request: Copy File Paths
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 21:12:04 +0200

Paul Merrell <address@hidden> schrieb am [Sun, 17.08.2014 04:15]:
> Hi, All,
>
> First, my compliments on Gnome Commander. I've used it for about 4
> months now. It's the file manager for Linux that I've been seeking for
> many years now.
>
> The only missing feature I've hit so far that I would very much like
> to have is the ability to copy complete file paths. As envisioned,
> this would complement the existing Copy File Names and like the latter
> would act on marked files.
>
> Use case: I often find myself needing to copy file paths to use as
> processing targets of a bash script.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Paul E. Merrell

Hi Paul,

thank you!

Actually, there already exists a possibility to copy the full file path
in Gnome Commander:

Press the "shift key" and click on the "copy file name" button in the
toolbar, left from the "cut" button. This button looks like two
asterisks (**). Now you copied the full path of the desired file.
(Unfortunately there doesn't exist a keyboard only shortcut yet.)

Regards,
Uwe