gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] history

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] history
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 00:07:25 +0100

Hi Ken,

I'm still with 1.4.8 from Debian testing as i lacked the time to csv compile at
some point; so maybe there was a major change. Or did you simply not change any
preference yet ?

Anyway with my version, the gnome-commander file in .gnome2 contains some valid
preferences; If i delete it, then for example my color and font layoout is
gone. But not the 'programs' and devices and bookmarks AFAICS.

I'm not quite sure how it works but it seems, the configuration gets merged
with ~/.gnome-commander/gnome-commander.xml, which should be the 'new style'.
For example, "Remote Connection" seems to be stored in the xml but "New
Connection" is stored in the legacy file in gnome2.

Both files seem to be written at app shutdown; if either of both is missing, it
gets recreated.

Anyway, i'd need to take care about both with my version, or upgrade.

Just to make sure, you don't have any gcmd related configuration in ~/.config
either ? Because this would be the 'new style' location, where all apps some
day should store their confs. But many don't yet.

btw. nice idea to just block recently-used by write permissions. But there's
still a lot more noisy candidates. Essetially, you have to look through all app
data folders.