gcmd-users

[gcmd-usr] question about favorite apps

From: Tobbe Eek
Subject: [gcmd-usr] question about favorite apps
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 12:16:28 +0100

Hi,

I have some problems with my favorite apps (settings -> options -> programs) in
gcmd.

Everytime I start gmcd all my favorite apps are lost but the first one I've
added.
If I add them again and then quit gcmd I can see that they exist in
~/.gnome-commander/fav-apps.
When gmcd is started all that is lost but the first line.

It's possible for me to add the favorite apps I want, and everything works like
a charm for that particular session.
After I quit gcmd and start it up again, I find that all my favorite apps are
gone but the first one I've added.

I had this problem in 0.9.11 and I was hoping for it to dissappear when I
upgradede to 0.9.12, but the problem persists.
It doesn't matter if I write-protect ~/.gnome-commander/fav-apps either since
gcmd then simply ignores all lines but the first one.

I use Debian 3.0 and have installed gmcd from source.
I use Fluxbox instead of Gnome but with the help of gnome-libs everything
compiles without any errors.

Does anyone else have this problem and if so, is there a known solution to it?
Any help to point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Besides this, coming from a background of MS-DOS, I think the Gnome Commander
is by far the best filemanager I've tried so far.
You're doing a great job!

Best regards,
Tobbe Eek

--
If you want fights, go get yourself a gun.
If you want knowledge, go get yourself a scientist.