glug-nith-discuss

[Glug-nith-discuss] problem with edgy

From: Manu G.V
Subject: [Glug-nith-discuss] problem with edgy
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 23:14:35 +0530

Hi,
   Some people in Final year who all had installed edgy had a keyboard problem. Problems like in vi editor 'insert' key and many others didn't work(which is a great problem) and even <control><Tab> in firefox didn't work. It really create problems in many other cases also. That is why we chose to install dapper 64bit instead of edgy(though we had edgy 64bit DVD) in computer center. I had this problem,  and even ravinder, Amol and Gb had this problem.
       Even i might have choose the wrong keyboard while installation. I had chosen US English, and in US English there were some more other options (US English, US International and some others) and i selected US English in that also. As i have not tried all type of keyboards (never thought of this before), I cannot comment much about procuring the CDs. If anyone has successfully installed Edgy please inform as that might become the deciding factor to order cds.
    Even i saw this problem with 64bit livecd of Feisty Fawn (Herd-2) so i didn't install it.

--
manu