glug-nith-discuss

[Glug-nith-discuss] stardict a nice dictionary for GNU/Linux

From: Manu G.V
Subject: [Glug-nith-discuss] stardict a nice dictionary for GNU/Linux
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:56:08 +0530

  From a long time I was searching for a dictionary for GNU/Linux,
atlast today I found it.
"http://stardict.sourceforge.net/index.php";.
     First I informed Rakesh about it and he said its present in
Ubuntu's repo and next thig I did was $sudo yum install stardict. I
was excited to see that the package is also present in fedora repo.
stardict is just a GUI that shows up like the default
gnome-dictionary, it doesn't have words. Words can be downloaded from
"http://stardict.sourceforge.net/Dictionaries.php";. Some are under GPL
and some are free however I downloaded everything and installed. Its a
great dictionary. I have some nice screenshots of stardict running in
my lappi. If interested you can go through.

If you select a word anywhere on your screen a nice window will pop up
showing the meaning of that word.

Enjoy!
--
manu