glug-nith-discuss

Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] mplayer installation help

From: vivek shah
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] mplayer installation help
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 12:08:05 +0530

On 8/5/07, Ashwini Dhiman <address@hidden> wrote:
> When I mark it for installation the following error msg pops out...
> mplayer:
>  Depends: libdvdread3 (>=0.9.6) but it is not installable
>  Depends: libggi2 (>=1:2.2.1) but it is not installable

Check in Synaptic in the repositories if the multiverse and restricted
repositories are enabled or not. If the requisite repos where the
packages are is not enabled then they will not be installable. Check
it up.
It might also be that the package list has not got reloaded properly.
So try reloading or sudo apt-get update once

> what should I do...
>
> also is kmplayer same as mplayer and do both work fine with ubuntu???

kmplayer is the KDE frontend for Mplayer if I am not wrong, Are you
using GNOME or KDE??

> Also is there any other alternative to mplayer???

There are a lot of players like vlc totem-xine ........ Check out
wiki.ubuntu.com and you will find out a lot

Regards,
Vivek
--
Put a rogue in the limelight and he will act like an honest man.
                -- Napoleon Bonaparte, "Maxims"