glug-nith-discuss

Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Fedora mirror is now official

From: vivek shah
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Fedora mirror is now official
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:34:11 +0530

On Dec 10, 2007 9:19 PM, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray <address@hidden> wrote:
> We ARE NOT talking of a mirror for NITH. We ARE talking of official
> mirrors for India.

Sorry my mistake, to become an official mirror from India we need to
meet Fedora's strict requirements of bandwidth and also the content.
For thr bandwidth it's really difficult to get the college to get that
amount of bandwidth dedicated, we will need support of some ISP's. For
that we will need help from Fedora project. I hope I am right.I am not
entirely sure so if someone has any ideas regarding it please suggest.
All the alumni who are coming for the convocation can also help us by
talking to the authorities regarding bandwidth reservation and if
possible upgrade.

> Can someone fix the details of the mirror on
> http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/ ? Have a look at how the WBUT folks
> have done it?

I will look into it, by details do you mean the comments section and
the hyperlink of http to the Fedora repositories?

> By the way who are the folks responsible for the mirror?

Right now I am maintaining both the GNU and the Fedora mirror on GLUG server.

Regards,
Vivek
--
Put a rogue in the limelight and he will act like an honest man.
                -- Napoleon Bonaparte, "Maxims"