glug-nith-discuss

[Glug-nith-discuss] Fwd: [foss.in] FREED.IN/2008: Delhi, Feb 22-24

From: Debarshi Ray
Subject: [Glug-nith-discuss] Fwd: [foss.in] FREED.IN/2008: Delhi, Feb 22-24
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:39:44 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Atul Chitnis <address@hidden>
Date: 18 Feb 2008 15:28
Subject: [foss.in] FREED.IN/2008: Delhi, Feb 22-24
To: "FOSS.IN" <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden

All:

 FREED.IN/2008 - *the* FOSS event in North India, starts on Friday, Feb
 22nd, and runs through Sunday, Feb 24th.

 In the new scheme of things, where every FOSS event in India chooses a
 particular focus (such as FOSS.IN, with its developer and contributor
 focus), FREED.IN has chosen to focus on knowledge, using the FOSS approach
 to things. Of course, there are talks about all kinds of FOSS related
 subjects, so there is something for everyone.

 Check out http://freed.in/2008 - the speaker and talk list has been
 announced (and more will appear shortly), and there are some very good
 ones lined up by many well-known Indian FOSS people, including Sankarshan
 Mukhopadhyay on "Communities is an oft used word", Venkatesh Hariharan on
 "Open Standards, Open Society", Sayamindu Dasgupta on "OLPC: It is an
 education project, not a laptop project", Shreyas Srinivasan on
 "Independent Music Ecosystem", and many others.

 (I will be giving a talk in the afternoon of the 22nd, that combines both
 my passions - Mobility and FOSS. I will be speaking on "Open Mobility".
 More gadgets per minute than you can throw a stylus at. And *all* of them
 running FOSS technology.)

 In addition, there is lots of side-action at the event, with the FOSS
 community mingling and rubbing noses. BoFs and ad hoc discussions will
 aplenty, and if the event is anything like it was last time, this is going
 to be more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

 If you are in North India, especially Delhi, and have not been able to
 attend FOSS.IN and other such events, and would like to check out the FOSS
 community, then this is your chance.

 Be at the JNU, Friday through Sunday (here are directions:
 http://wiki.linux-delhi.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Freed2008/GettingToFreedIn).
 Entrance is free, but you must bring an open mind, and the willingness to
 participate actively. :)

 See you at FREED.IN!

 Atul

 --
 Atul Chitnis
 Bangalore, India

 The Event Site    : http://foss.in
 The Event Planet  : http://planet.foss.in
 The Event Channel : #foss.in on irc.freenode.net
 The Event List    : http://foss.in/list

       Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest |
Switch format to Traditional
                 Visit Your Group         |                Yahoo!
Groups Terms of Use       |                Unsubscribe

Recent Activity

 4
New Members
                                            Visit Your Group

Need traffic?

Drive customers

With search ads

on Yahoo!

Autos Group

on Yahoo! Groups

Discuss ways to

fix your car.

Special K Group

on Yahoo! Groups

Join the challenge

and lose weight.
.

--
"From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life."
    -- Arthur Ashe