glug-nith-discuss

Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] fedora mirror

From: Debarshi Ray
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] fedora mirror
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 20:40:44 +0530

> What kind of bandwidth do you guys have for your mirror? Do put the mirror
> on a separate dedicated subnet.

Currently the mirror sits on a 14Mbps leased line, and shares a subnet
used by the other university servers. Currently we limit the Fedora
mirror to 25 concurrent client connections and 512Kbps per client. If
you are using FTP to serve the content, it is very easy to configure.
We also have a GNU, TLDP and OpenOffice.org mirror, but due to the
lower traffic we don't throttle them.

Since I am no longer in campus, I might be wrong if Varun has changed
something. He will be the one knowing the latest details.

Cheerio,
Debarshi