glug-nith-discuss

Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Grub Over Windows MBR

From: RS
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Grub Over Windows MBR
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 10:39:43 +0530

In terminal mode, type the following:

sudo grub
find /boot/grub/stage1
root (x,y)
setup (x)
quit

The resulting "find" command will display something like (hd0,1). In this example, you would then type root (hd0,1) and then setup (hd0) in the above area. These numbers might be different; that's why I included the "find" command so that folks who might have their Ubuntu partitions located either in front or behind their Windows installation or on a completely separate internal/external hard drive so that you will get the appropriate/correct setup numbers.

regards

Rajjan