gm2

Re: Building gm2 on FreeBSD 12.4 amd64, results

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: Building gm2 on FreeBSD 12.4 amd64, results
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 17:00:56 +0000

Ben Stuyts <ben@altus-escon.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I’ve built gm2 on a pristine FreeBSD amd64 12.4 jail, so I thought I’d share
> what packages I had to install, how to build and the test results:
>
> // install prereq.:
> # pkg install sudo screen pkg install git-lite python3 bash gawk binutils
> gmake perl5 gmp mpfr mpc isl zstd py39-pip gettext autoconf automake gperf
> dejagnu expect tcl86 autogen guile2 flex texinfo tex-xetex py39-sphinx
> diffutils patch
>
> // back to user:
> mkdir ~/src
> mkdir ~/opt
> cd ~/src
> git clone git://gcc.gnu.org/git/gcc.git gcc-git
> cd gcc-git
> mkdir build
> cd build
> ../configure --enable-languages=m2 --prefix=$HOME/opt
> --with-as=/usr/local/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/local/bin/ld
> gmake -j 30
> gmake install
> gmake check-m2
>
>                 === gm2 Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes            12722
> # of unexpected failures        120
> # of unresolved testcases       120
> runtest completed at Thu Dec 21 15:24:04 2023
>
> Do those test results seem reasonable?

Hi Ben,

they look ok (ish) - perhaps a little high.  Any chance you could post
the testresult failure list?  In effect it might be that there are about 20
tests failing (at a guess) - with the 6x option permutations.  Of course
it also is dependant upon where we are in stage3.  Hopefully the failure
list exposes a cluster of failures around one or two bugs (forever the
optimist :-)

regards,
Gaius