gnewsense-art

[gNewSense-art] SiliconMotion driver on Yeeloong

From: t s
Subject: [gNewSense-art] SiliconMotion driver on Yeeloong
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 03:25:31 +0000 (GMT)

gNewSense 3 on Yeelong and external VGA

Hi, I'm testing gNewSense 3 on a Yeeloong Laptop. I am trying to get the
external VGA working correctly but it is blurry. I need a big screen because I
am doing some teaching tomorrow.

I have looked at these instructions:
http://octavio.gnu.org.ve/wiki/doku.php?id=loonuxrepos

I couldn't follow the instructions properly, I wasn't sure if I should comment
out the lines in
/et/apt/source.list . But I have undone the damage and my machine is fine.

So now I am looking at the Chinese instructions for Loonux. I have attempted to
tanslate it by guessing!
http://www.lemote.com/dev/down/2010/0326/150.html

Translation of Chinese instructions for Loonux

1. apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion
2. Download the deb
http://dev.lemote.com/debian-loongson/pool/main/x/xserver/xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion_2.2.8-lemote.r03_mipsel.deb
3. Unpack it and install it
dpkg -i xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion_2.2.8-lemote.r03_mipsel.deb
4. Configure /etc/xorg.conf . Change two sections like this:

Put this in Section "Device":

Option      "CloneMode" "true"

Put this in Section "Screen":

SubSection "Display"
#    Viewport 0 0
      Depth 16
      modes "address@hidden"
#    modes "address@hidden"
#    modes "address@hidden"
#    modes "address@hidden"
EndSubSection

5. Run xrandr
xrandr --output default --mode 1024x600 --rate 60

6. Restart kde
/etc/init.d/kdm restart

7. Then there is another change to /etc/xorg.conf

Put this under Section "Device

Option FastXv "true"
Option FastXvLevel "1"

Question
Am I going in the right direction with this? Can you offer any tips?
gNewSense 3 does not have an /etc/xorg.conf file, do you have a working one?

Cheers Tirath