gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] [Gnewsense-dev] Greetings, and a small project?

From: Felipe López
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] [Gnewsense-dev] Greetings, and a small project?
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 18:19:02 -0500

Greetings, all.

Hello again, George :)

My name is George Roberge (I know the Dev list is familiar with my
emails by now!), and I would like to help contribute to the project.  I
had mentioned in the Dev list that the GNU/Linuxfest is being held next
Saturday in Boston, MA, USA, and I'll be attending, and it may be a
great time to drop some pamphlets/papers there.

Spreading the word is always good. The project could get more users and contributors.

Since I'm very new to the project I wouldn't want to make anything that
is "my own" necessarily, so I skimmed the web site and found that it
contains more than enough material for a good brochure.  I did spend a
little time on one, but haven't uploaded it anywhere yet; I didn't want
to get too far ahead of myself if no one thought it was a good idea.

I did contact the FSF to find out about any permission required to use
their images, and emailed the GNU/Linuxfest about the whole plan.  The
FSF did not reply yet, but the GNU/Linuxfest did, and has no problem
with it; they don't have any tables open but are not against passing out
paper.

Anyhow, if anyone thinks that this is a good idea I'll finish up the
brochure and post it someplace for everyone to see.  It'll be pretty
basic, I'm sure, and would naturally appreciate any input.

I think it is a great idea and you should finish it. Don't be afraid to post it on the "Promotional resources" page <http://gnewsense.org/Main/Download/PromotionalItems>. If you use Inkscape or any other graphics program that saves editable source files, please attach the source file to the page as well, so that other people can reuse your work to generate brochures for other cultures or create enhanced versions of it.

Note that you can download gNewSense branding SVG files from Galaxia source files <http://galaxia.rtfd.org/>.

Thank you.

Thank you.

--