gnu-linux-libre

Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Adding some scummvm game(s) to the "List of softwa

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Adding some scummvm game(s) to the "List of software that does not respect the Free System Distribution Guidelines"
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2023 21:50:10 -0400

On Sun, 02 Jul 2023 22:44:48 -0400 Richard wrote:
> In that case, if we find that there are indeed a few free games that
> use ScummVM, let's adopt that statement.  There seems to be no
> significant reason not to.
>
> Supposing there are a few free games that use ScummVM, either of two choice
> would be possible:
>
> 1. Treat it like any other free program.
> 2. Use my announcement, above.

what i am trying to address on this list (the FSDG list), is that these
are separate concerns - to make a statement about scummvm is a webmaster's
concern - to decide if the games, which distros are distributing now, are
acceptable is an FSDG concern

the "reason not to" (to make a statement about scummvm) _yet_, is because we
have yet to address the primary concern of the games licenses - although that is
the only reason why this discussion started

i suggest to move the discussion about a general statement to the webmasters
list, and focus on the license of the games on this list; because that is the
more urgent concern, and has yet to yield an actionable consensus