gnu-social-mode-devel

Re: [Gnu-social-mode-devel] Port 80 or 443

From: Sergio Durigan Junior
Subject: Re: [Gnu-social-mode-devel] Port 80 or 443
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 22:09:17 -0300

On Tuesday, July 22 2014, Albino Biasutti Neto wrote:

> I understand you. I worry yes,is secure. 8-)

My point is not about security.  My point is that changing this value
will not accomplish much.  We could change this to 443, 540, or any
other value, but if the user's server is not SSL-capable, then she will
need to change it anyway.

What we should do instead is to mention this setting on the
documentation, perhaps explaining what it means, and instructing the
user to use SSL if possible.

Changing the default value of this variable will not help increasing the
security.

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 0x65FC5E36