gnuastro-devel

[bug #65561] Projections to infinity in Warp

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [bug #65561] Projections to infinity in Warp
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 06:45:13 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #65561 (group gnuastro):

I also cloned your branch and ran the test in your branch. Interestingly, the
error message wasn't printed and Warp finished successfully (like Gnuastro
0.22.26-75d7dd that produced the output of the comment below).

To see what is causing this strange situation, I just added the following line
before the 'if(d==0.0f)' check in your branch (to see all the seperate numbers
that go into the construction of 'd'). I also added the '-N1' option to warp
so it runs on a single thread (and order is meaningful in the outputs)

  printf("%s: %f, %f, %f, %f, %f\n", __func__, t[6], v[0], t[7],
         v[1], t[8]);

The first thing I noticed was that more than 44108 lines were printed, showing
that this function is indeed run four times for every pixel, not just the four
corners of the whole image.

To help find the root cause for this strange situation, can you check to see
if this bug also happens on your system, if you have a 3x3 pixel image? That
would help debug the problem with simple printed values like this.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?65561>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/