gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] Reinhard's white paper

From: Derek Neighbors
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] Reinhard's white paper
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:17:46 -0600 (CST)

> On a complete different topic, I want to bring up the question whether
> we should also name the new incarnation "GEAS" or if we should find
> another name.
> Pro another name: The concept will be different from what we have now,
> it will be clear that it's a complete rewrite, and it will be clear that
> previous documents that mention "GEAS" don't relate to that what we are
> doing now.
> Con: I can't think of another name. Maybe only GNUe Appserver (like GNUe
> Forms, GNUe Reports...) to be consistent with the other blocks.

Few points.

a. In official works we should always reference the real name then
depending on the audience optionally use acronymns there after.  We do
this for practical reasons.

b. The name has always been GNUe Application Server, I say we keep that.
See (a) about abbreviation.  I vote if we wish to squash confusion we just
REMOVE the old documentation or archive it off in a hard to find spot. :)

Branding is difficult and costly, so I would hate to alter the name.
Thats' my two cents.

-Derek