gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] Products similar to Reports?

From: Derek Neighbors
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] Products similar to Reports?
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 18:14:45 -0600 (CST)

>  o DataVision   http://datavision.sf.net/

I have looked briefly here but the website was hard to get good picture
from and I didnt download the code.

>  o ReportLab  http://www.reportlab.com/
>    (only the PDF creation library is open source)

I downloaded and used.  There might be some good things to garner from
this package, but they only support pdf and its rather hardcoded which I
didnt like and ultimately kept me from using the package.  I think this is
probably the cream of the Free Software reporting crop currently.

The Kompany also has 'Kugar' I think, but I believe it might not be free.
Let me check.........(this is me looking).......:

http://www.thekompany.com/projects/kugar/

Layout
http://www.thekompany.com/projects/kugar/sample1.kut
Note: fixed positioning

Data File
http://www.thekompany.com/projects/kugar/sample1.kud

Note: It also is KDE2.0 or greater specific....

Note: They do not have a visual designer (As far as i can tell)

Note: This is now standard in Koffice

It is GPL however.

-Derek