gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] scrollbox

From: Marcos Dione
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] scrollbox
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:47:52 -0300

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 02:34:53PM -0500, Derek Neighbors wrote:

> My question is why scrollbox?  What if we make generic containers of some
> sort or bind to a block.  I think concept is right and that we need
> scrollbars to bind so that we can do a 'grid'.
>
> I am just not sold that a new 'tag'/'widget' is the best approach.  I am
> of course speaking roughly and havent followed all the conversations.

  what I understand from your mail is that we can make a box (the
little rectangle with a little text in the upper left corner) to bind
to a box or a box with scrollbars in the case the contents is too big?
if so, I think a compound widget, one that is always a box with a
scrollbox inside and we could enable the scrollbars on demand
(contents size). what do you think?

  and don't cc me, thanks.