[Gnump3d-users] Problems with Gnump3d 2.6-2 on Debian/Testing

From: James Mills
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] Problems with Gnump3d 2.6-2 on Debian/Testing
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 15:53:32 +1000

Hi,

I'm JamesMills a new user of this mailing list.

I installed Gnump3d ok, fairly easy on Debian: apt-get install gnump3d

I have a problem though streaming FLAC (.flac) files, when the url is
given to xmms, my CPU goes crazy. Upon examintation of top, I find that
xmms is using all of the cpu...

Prior to this I did have a problem where gnump3d did not have a mime
handler for "flac" files, so I copied the "ogg" line in
/etc/gnump3d/mime.types and created an appropiate flac one.

Is there something I've missed here ? I thought that Gnump3d is able to
stream out anything really, since it uses a HTTP layer.

My music archive is in /music with all .flac files, owner: root.music
644

When I try to play a stream through xmms, /var/log/gnump3d/error.log
says:
Downsampling disabled for : /music/Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the
Head/Coldplay - Politik.flac

Can anyone help ?

cheers
James