[Gnump3d-users] utf-8 problem

From: Oliver Beckstein
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] utf-8 problem
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:38:58 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I am running version 2.6 on a Red Hat 8.0 box. Perl is 5.8.0.  locale:
en_GB.UTF-8. A small problem, however, is that some of my ogg files seem
to have non ASCII characters in either their filenames or the comment
fields. The statistics module appears not to be too happy about it.

[Statistics > Most popular] produces error messages before printing the
lists, eg

Most popular songs
Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected non-continuation byte 0x5f,
immediately after start byte 0xe9) in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/bin/gnump3d-top line 264.

(repeatedly... whenever it tries to pattern match an offending song, I
think)

[Most recent]
Most Recent Tracks
Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected non-continuation byte 0x5f,
immediately after start byte 0xe9) in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/bin/gnump3d-top line 369.

(and a messy html page)

I have little experience with perl/UTF so I would be grateful for
suggestions what to do to have gnump3d cooperate with non-ASCII song
titles.

Thanks,
Oliver

--