Re: [Gnump3d-users] GNUMP3d 2.7-prerelease.

From: Mark Schouten
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] GNUMP3d 2.7-prerelease.
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:39:29 +0100

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 06:21:51PM +0000, Steve Kemp wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I've made an upload of GNUMP3d v2.7 to my website.
>
>   This is a *prerelease* whilst I update the templates/themes.
>
>   The code is good to go I think, and it should fix a lot of
>  nagging issues with:
>
>     * Downsampling inconsistencies.

You might want to add this too...

this goes into 'sub streamAudioFile' somewhere in the start.

+     # Only downsample if this IP is in the right range.
+     if ( &downsampleAddress( $connected_address ) )
+     {
+       print "Downsampling disabled for: $connected_address\n";
+       &serveFile($data, $file);
+     }
+

You can put this anywhere within gnump3d

+ sub downsampleAddress( $ )
+ {
+     my ($client) = (@_);
+
+     my $go = &getConfig( "downsample_clients", "none" );
+     my $nogo  = &getConfig( "no_downsample_clients", "all" );
+
+     #
+     # Multiple entries may be seperated by ';' characters.
+     #
+     my @go_array = split( /;/, $go );
+     my @nogo_array = split( /;/, $nogo );
+
+     my $doit = 0;
+
+     #
+     #  But then allow the 'denied' list to override any
+     # allowed client.
+     #
+     foreach my $test ( @nogo_array )
+     {
+       if ( &matchIPAddress( $test, $client ) )
+       {
+           $doit = 0;
+       }
+     }
+
+     #
+     #  Test each allowed pattern first.
+     #
+     foreach my $test ( @go_array )
+     {
+       if ( &matchIPAddress( $test, $client ) )
+       {
+           $doit = 1;
+       }
+     }
+
+     return ( not $doit );
+ }

And, AFAICS this really works. :)

I only have to work on some code to clean the cache-dir..

address@hidden:/tmp/gnump3d-2.6/bin$ du -chs /var/tmp/gnump3d/
615M    /var/tmp/gnump3d

That could become a problem..

>   Thanks to all those who contributed, and to all those that
>  seem happy enough to run the software silently; I'll just assume
>  it's perfect for you ;)

Eh, yeah, well. It works, let's keep it that way. :P

Mark

--
Mark Schouten
Read my rules of email-engagement: http://prevented.net/email-rules.html