Re: [Gnump3d-users] GNUMP3d 2.7-prerelease.

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] GNUMP3d 2.7-prerelease.
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:15:20 +0000

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 09:57:23PM +0100, Mark Schouten wrote:

> > > +     # Only downsample if this IP is in the right range.
> > > +     if ( &downsampleAddress( $connected_address ) )
> > > +     {
> > > +         print "Downsampling disabled for: $connected_address\n";
> > > +         &serveFile($data, $file);
> > > +     }
> > > +
> > >

> >   This is already in there .. isn't it?
>
> Ehm. Yes. But there's a small difference. I removed the '!'. In you
> 2.7-version, there is an '!' which I misplaced. So please remove it. :)

  I removed the '!' and added an 'exit' after the 'serveFile', it seems
 to be working correctly now.

> /me <- l-user

  Nah ..

> >   I've added a weekly cronjob to cleaan this up for the Debian package,
> >  I guess that's a fair solution.
>
> Well, how about this? (Untested code)

  I'm going to leave this for the moment, just because I don't want to
 add anything too new right now.

  The other reason for leaving this is that I've been thinking about
 periodic command execution for re-indexing purposes.

  I think that as the server logs the date + time of incoming
 connections that it should be able to keep track of time fairly easily,
 and it should also be able to know when the main server isn't doing
 anything.

  I think that the cleanup process and reindexing could be done in a
 cron-like manner without undue effort - add some code like "if nothing
 has happened for the past ten minutesm, and it's been more than a day
 since last run then reindex".

  Maybe a bit more constrained than that, but you get the idea.

Steve
---
Edinburgh System Administrator : Linux, UNIX, Windows
Looking for an interesting job : http://www.steve.org.uk/